Deployment Facilitation Workgroups
Although not represented in the planned work of the project plan, the efforts of these groups are vital in the overall success of the implementation.
- Communications - Oversees communication effectiveness both within the project team and external to the team.
- Communication Chair: Peter Graham
- Communication Work Group Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and execute a communication plan with the objective of creating and maintaining awareness for the Student Information System Upgrade and Enhancement Initiative.
- Ensure that appropriate messaging and communications reflect timely and accurate information about the initiative. The overarching objective is to create support for the implementation of this new campus-wide system and mitigate concerns and false information.
- Training - Manages and coordinates Ellucian-led training sessions and artifacts, develops and coordinates training materials as well as coordinates user training.
- Training Chair: Mike McKibben
- Training Work Group Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies for preparing faculty, staff, and students for the transition to the new student information system.
- Create training aids, materials, tutorials, FAQs, and other content that will assist users of the new system to be able to effectively accomplish their tasks.
Change Management & Policy
- Change Management + Policy- Identifies and executes those activities required for departments outside of the project team.
- Change Management & Policy Chair: Joe Childers
- Change Management and Policy Work Group Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the schedule for implementation is coordinated with other organizations and operations within the university that are dependent upon the student information system and its data.
- Coordinate with faculty, staff, and students system changes resulting from the student information system upgrade and enhancement initiative.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation, testing, notification, training (faculty, staff, and students), and recovery procedures are in place to facilitate changes resulting from the upgrade and enhancement initiative.
- Create a sub-group, Policy Board Facilitation Work Group, whose duty it is to insure processes contained in, and facilitated by, the new information system are compliant to campus policies.